Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Most Boring Blog Post Ever (AKA I'm Old)

I apologize in advance for this post, as most of you will be bored out of your minds. The rest of you probably relate a little and it will make you smile-- no chuckles guaranteed!

Thus begins the most boring blog post ever, also known as: 

I got together with some gals from college (in fact, I call them "the girls") this past weekend. We've been out for a few years now and had a stark realization: experiencing college and talking about college are two very different things.

 College! Yay!
"College" according to us old folk.

We quickly realized we are old. One of us is married. Two own houses. Two of us have master's degrees. We've held multiple jobs between the five of us.

...and at least a dozen times this weekend we stopped ourselves in the middle of a conversation to say, "What are we talking about? When did we get old?"

I don't have a lot to say about most of these, so I won't. I only reiterate: Most boring post. Ever. (For you, the viewer. I, for one, am quite amused!)











Pretentious, boring, and old. That's us. We talked a LOT about each of our benefit packages, where are careers are headed, and about our hypothetical children. What's weird is that I wasn't bored: I was completely interested. I had a great time, in fact.

The fact that I was NOT bored only proves my point: 
I'm old. 

I would just say that I'm "growing up" rather than "old," but I've left out my most incriminating evidence:
I love hard candy. Especially Werther's Original. (My co-workers call them "old man mints.")
If that doesn't scream, "Hi! I'm 84!" I don't know what else does.

6 comments:

  1. I love this. And I know exactly who is who in those drawings.

    Can't we just sit on the couch and watch dr. phil at 10a everyday? Are we too old for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need more LALKI to distract me from writing finals.. go

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn to a vampire any time i want to. i become a vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a powerful man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to human also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded man in my country. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire kingdom by given me their email. All thanks to Lord Shaka for your empowerment if you want to become a powerful vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their Email: ( lordshakavampirekingdom@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete


  4. Hi Guys

    i really have to tell this i never thought this is what would happen to me so at the beginning of my life i met somebody in email suddenly somebody wrote me





    I got on well with her and she is such a good person

    So I'm starting to tell, I've never thought to help me offer me and I never thought to make my dream come true
    she asks me to come to a power that I have always wished
    and she can help any person start a new life the person


    she is really a charitable person


    it will help you no matter what you want a vampire yours or something else




    This is her e-mail


    templeofsuccessandlove1@gmail.com


    I hope your dream comes true

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete


  6. I'm giving a testimony on how me and my fiance became a vampire. This was how i and my fiance became Vampire, I was browsing the internet searching on how i could be transformed. When i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I and my fiance has always dreamed of becoming a VAMPIRES so he asked me my name, country, State, address, photo, etc. and asked me to contact the market of spells for the Hindu materials required for our transformation. So I did and he said that a vampire will be assigned to guide us and direct us on how the items are to be used. After five days I and my fiance was totally a vampire. if you are interested in becoming a vampire, contact him for more information on how you could also be transformed. Email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete